Who loves retro?
This tissue box I am sharing today is all retro and vintage-y. In love :)
Here is how it looks
1. Start with a coat of watered gesso or any wood primer and coat the box. The MDF items from Craftslane already come sanded and they now also give you the option of getting them primed too. The primer coat with add to the durability of the project and the MDF will also take the acrylic colors better.
2. Once the primer is dry, paint the whole box, inside out with te acrylic paint of your choice. I used "raw amber" which a deep brown color for my box. The painting is made eaiser with the high quality brushes from craftslane. You can not also find a huge variety of high quality acrylic paints at craftslane too.
3. Cut your choice of pattern paper to size. I am using the beautiful retro themed paper from Kaisercraft Tea Party Collection. The top of the box will be covered from another paper from DCWV.
4. Distress the edges of all the pattern papers with a distress tool or scissors and ink it lightly with Walnut Stain distress ink.
5. Adhere the papers in place using Mod Podge. Follow the over and under rule.
6. Let air dry (not with a heat gun or in the sun). And add a couple for coats of Mod Podge to seal the deal.
7. You can leave it at this step or go ahead and embellish the box further with 3D elements. I wanted the box to have more usability so I left it this way.
And there you have it. A beautiful retro themed box.
I can't wait to invite my friends for coffee and show off with this awesome tissue box :D